Lucy Bee Food Facials
After discovering half an avocado left in the fridge, my mind started working overtime on how I could go about using it, rather than throwing it away.
With a little play around, and having a background in beauty, I came up with a mask that would help to nourish my skin and sure enough my skin felt great once I’d washed it off. This is also a great excuse to lay down for 15-20 minutes while checking the latest on social media or relaxation time!
What I’ve done here is three different face masks to target different areas: dry skin, anti-aging and combination.
The great thing about these masks is you’ll find all of these ingredients in your fridge, plus with names of ingredients that you can actually pronounce!
Dry Skin Mask:
A personal favourite of mine, as I find my skin gets very dry, quite easily:
Half an avocado / about 2 tbsp.
I tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
Mash the avocado into a bowl, then add the honey and melted Lucy Bee. Mix together well.
Apply to face and neck - Leave for 15/20 minutes before washing off.
- Avocado – they contain vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that helps to slow down the rate of free radical damage. Free radicals damage collagen, which leads to dry skin, fine lines and wrinkles. So this makes avocadoes great for protecting the skin.
- Honey - a humectant which means it draws moisture from the air into the skin, making this is an important role in hydrating the skin.
- Lucy Bee Coconut Oil - high in vitamin E, very nourishing and hydrating for the skin.
As we get older, we lose the firmness in our skin due to the collagen and elastin in our skin weakening. This mask will help to boost the collagen and elastin, while also soothing and hydrating the skin. This will help with plumping skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. After doing a little more research to come up with the best anti-aging Food Facial Mask, I found out that bananas are known as ‘Mother Nature’s botox’.
1 medium sized banana
1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
1 tsp. Lucy Bee Cacao Powder
Mash the banana into a bowl then add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and Lucy Bee Cacao Powder.
Mix together well and apply to your skin for 15/20 minutes.
- Banana - protects our skin from free radicals which delays the ageing process. They also contain vitamin B which lightens skin tone and helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Lucy Bee Coconut Oil - is high in lauric acid (approximately 48%), which is also found in mothers’ breast milk. This is a powerful antioxidant and is antibacterial and antifungal. Also, as mentioned above, it’s high in vitamin E, so very nourishing.
- Lucy Bee Cacao Powder- this is an antioxidant. It protects the skin from free radicals. Studies show that flavonoids in dark chocolate absorb UV light, which helps to protect and increase blood flow to the skin. This helps to plump the skin and complexion.
Combination Skin Mask
This mixture of powerful natural ingredients does wonders to problematic skin!
1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Turmeric Powder
1/2 cup of oats
1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
1 tbsp. yoghurt
Blend the Lucy Bee Turmeric Powder and oats together (I find this works better than using oats whole), then add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and yoghurt and mix well. Apply to skin and neck. Leave on for 15-20minutes.
- Lucy Bee Turmeric Powder - helps acne and pimples due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, plus this also helps to prevent breakouts.
- Oats - a great way to use the oats is by blending them before using so it makes more of a paste, rather than clumpy. Oats are gentle on the skin and help to remove dead skin cells. Soothing for skin irritation, sunburn or prickly heat.
- Yoghurt - the zinc and lactic acid contained in yoghurt helps to promote healthy skin, while also being very soothing.
- Lucy Bee Coconut Oil - the lauric acid in coconut oil helps to kill acne causing bacteria, due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties.
So there you have it, a couple of ways to make a mess in the kitchen but make your skin glowing and gorgeous!!!
Oh, one more thing, why not put some cucumber over your eyes to feel really pampered. – Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Lucy, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this blog and would love to hear your feedback. You can get in touch with me on Instagram or Twitter anytime, where I love hearing your thoughts and sharing your tips for healthy living.
About Lucy Bee Limited
Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We always recommend referring your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.