Preparation Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 3 - 4
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- FOR THE BURGERS:
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 250g halloumi cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. red chilli flakes
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp. gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 green/red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely diced
- Handful of coriander, to serve
- Put the carrots and courgettes into a clean tea towel and squeeze out all of the excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl add the carrot, courgette, halloumi, spring onions, red chilli flakes, eggs and breadcrumbs. Season to taste and stir well so all ingredients are combined.
- Make into 6-8 burgers and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes, to firm up.
- I always make the dressing at this point. Simply add all ingredients to a jug and mix / shake together.
- Fry the burgers in a frying pan, using Lucy Bee Coconut Oil. Fry each side for 5 minutes or until hot all the way through and crispy on the outsides.
- Serve with a salad or fried egg and drizzle over with the dressing.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.