Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour for the Ragu plus 1 hour for the assembled lasagne
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free
- RAGU SAUCE:
- 3 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 sticks celery, chopped finely
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 1kg lean grass-fed minced beef
- A sprinkling of mixed herbs
- 2x440g tinned chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- ALL-IN-ONE WHITE SAUCE
- 1 litre Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- 100g gluten free plain flour
- 100g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- 150g grated Parmesan cheese
- TO ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNE
- Gluten free lasagne sheets
- 65g Parmesan cheese
- FOR THE RAGU (MEAT) SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark4.
- Add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a heavy-based, ovenproof pan, over a medium heat. When melted, add the onion and sauté for a couple of minutes then add the garlic, celery and carrots and cook until softened.
- Add the minced beef along with the optional herbs and cook until the mince has browned.
- Stir the tinned tomatoes in, along with the seasoning and simmer for a few minutes before putting it into the oven to cook for 1 hour.
- FOR THE WHITE SAUCE
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the all-in-one white sauce by adding all ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese, to a heavy-based saucepan and cook over a medium to low heat. Stir continuously with a balloon whisk until the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil melts and all ingredients combine to a smooth consistency – as the ingredients combine, you’ll notice the sauce thicken. You can loosen with extra Lucy Bee Coconut Milk if required. Stir the Parmesan cheese in then set aside until you are ready to assemble the lasagne.
- TO ASSEMBLE AND COOK THE LASAGNE
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- You will need to divide the Ragu sauce and all-in-one white sauce up so that you have enough for each layer of the lasagne.
- Smear the bottom of an oblong oven dish with some Ragu sauce.
- Pour a layer of all-in-one white sauce over.
- Place a layer of uncooked lasagne sheets over.
- Repeat the above steps for 3 to 4 layers, finishing with the top layer of just all-in-one white sauce and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over. TIP: make sure the lasagne pasta sheets are fully covered with the sauce.
- Cover the lasagne with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to cook for a further 25 to 30 minutes. Check with a sharp knife to make sure the lasagne is cooked through.
- Allow the lasagne to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: The Ragu sauce can be made ahead of time and either kept in the fridge for a couple of days before using, or freeze and thoroughly defrost before using.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.