Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: Around 45 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp. miso paste
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- ½ tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. white rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 red chilli (1/2 for the sauce, ½ for serving)
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- A pinch of sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, miso, lime juice, tamari, sesame oil, rice vinegar, water and ½ a chilli and set aside.
- Slice the aubergine in half and score the flesh, making a grid.
- On a baking tray or frying pan add the aubergine, placing it flesh-side up and coat in Lucy Bee Coconut Oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for a total of at least 45 minutes, adding the miso sauce in stages, as follows: after 20 minutes, coat the aubergine in half the miso sauce, then place back in the oven for 5 minutes before coating in a little more of the miso sauce and bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and add a final coat of miso sauce, along with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and half the spring onion and place back in the oven for a final 5 minutes.
- Top with the remaining spring onion, sesame seeds, and the other half of the red chilli. If you have any extra sauce, this is delicious on veg, rice or protein.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.