Preparation Time: 25-30 minutes
Cooking Time: Either refrigerate for 45 minutes, or bake for 25 minutes.
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 10 medjool dates
- 200ml water
- 6 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 200g gluten free oats
- 25g crushed walnuts
- 25g crushed pecans
- 3 apples peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 ½ tsp. Lucy Bee Chai Blend
- ½ lemon juice
- A splash of water
- These can be either baked, or refrigerated. If baking, preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4 and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl add and stir together the oats, pecans, and walnuts.
- In a saucepan or frying pan on a medium – to medium-high heat add 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and add the apples, lemon juice, and Lucy Bee Chai Blend and stir to combine. Add the splash of water and cover and simmer for 5 minutes, remove the lid and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated and the apples have softened.
- In a sauce pan add the dates, water and 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil. Bring to the boil on a medium heat, then simmer until a sticky consistency. Use a potato masher to help break down the dates.
- To the bowl add the apple mixture and 4 tbsp. of melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and stir until they are mixed within the oats, then pour in the date mixture and stir together well.
- In a lined baking tray add the mixture.
- If placing in the refrigerator, refrigerate for 45 minutes or longer. Cut up into squares and store in a container.
- If baking, place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cut up into squares and place on a cooling rack, enjoy warm or store in a tuppawear.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.