Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Serves: Makes 5 waffles
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 200g buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp. gluten free baking powder
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- 1.5-2 tsp. Lucy Bee Chai Mix
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3 eggs
- 120g pumpkin puree
- 125ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- 90g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted (plus extra for the waffle iron)
- 1 level tbsp. vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (buckwheat flour, baking powder, Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt, Lucy Bee Chai Mix) and set aside.
- In a cup, mix together Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and water to make coconut nectar. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the pumpkin puree, Lucy Bee Coconut Milk, Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, coconut sugar nectar and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir together. Set aside for 10 minutes, during which time the mixture will thicken as the flour absorbs the wet ingredients.
- Heat the waffle iron and use ½ tsp. melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to grease the irons, to prevent the waffles sticking.
- Pour enough waffle mixture to fill the centre of the mould, leaving ½ inch gap around the edge. Close to cook. Be careful when opening your waffle iron as a lot of steam will come out.
- Remove the waffles from the iron (using a spatula). These can be eaten straight away or, if leaving to cool, do not stack otherwise they can get soggy.
- Top with your chosen topping.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.