Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes plus 10 minutes to reheat
Serves: Makes 2 meals - fills 2 x 500ml Lucy Bee Coconut Oil jars
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- ½-1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 60g tofu, drained – we used Tofoo
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- 3 tsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tsp. honey or for a vegan option 1/2 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and 1 tsp. water mixed together to dissolve the sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 200g brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- Hot water to reheat
- In a pan on a low-medium heat, add Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, cayenne pepper, tofu block, 1 garlic clove, ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns and 1 tsp. tamari. Cook until golden all around the tofu, for about 5 minutes before cutting the tofu into bite-sized chunks and frying to finish coating each chunk for a further 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining garlic, dried chilli flakes, lime juice, coriander, honey/ Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and water mix, a pinch of ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns and peanut butter and stir to combine before dividing between two containers of your choice - we used 2 empty 500ml Lucy Bee Coconut Oil jars.
- Top with the brown rice, carrot, spinach and then add the cooled tofu mixture.
- Sprinkle the spring onion slices over and put the lid on the jars. Pop in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to eat, take out of the fridge - it is advised to allow the jar to reach room temperature if possible. If it’s straight from the fridge, add a little room-temperature water to the jar first.
- Boil the kettle, allow the water to cool slightly and SLOWLY pour hot water into the jar. For a sauce consistency, add enough water to cover the rice (a quarter to half way up the jar), whereas for a soup consistency, add more water. Close the lid, allow to stew for 5-10 minutes and shake up the jar to mix up the flavours.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.