Body Exfoliator 150ml
An exfoliating, stimulating and nourishing body scrub with a subtle scent of grapefruit and mandarin pure, organic, essential oils. Suitable for all skin types.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Dermatologically approved
- Palm oil free
- Soil Association (COSMOS Organic)
- Fair Trade (FairTSA)
- Cruelty Free (Leaping Bunny)
- Vegan (Vegan Society)
Since we’re all different, we always recommend doing a small patch test to make sure any of our skincare range is suitable for you.
As well as being certified by some of the most respected certification bodies, the Lucy Bee skincare range is 100% natural and free from:
- Palm oil
- Synthetic preservatives
- Artificial dyes and fragrances
How to Use
Massage onto dry skin focusing on rough areas and rinse thoroughly. Use as part of your skincare routine.
To make the most of this natural product, a little care is needed as follows:
- We use natural preservatives, so the products need to be kept clean and dry, once opened, to avoid contaminating them. Please make sure your hands, or if using a utensil, are clean and dry when removing the products – water in the jar is not their friend!
- Many natural beauty products use ingredients such as beeswax to keep them firm but because our range is vegan, you may find some of the products (eg. the Exfoliators, Lip Scrub and Balm) start to soften if carried around in your bag or pocket, so feel free to pop these in the fridge to harden again. Similarly, in warm temperatures/climates, we recommend storing this in either a fridge or an air-conditioned room to prevent it from softening/melting. This will not affect the formulation of the product.
- Dead Sea salt and coconut sugar exfoliate and detoxify the skin by removing dead skin cells
- Coconut oil nourishes and softens the skin
- Cinnamon is a natural microdermabrasion which softens the skin
Our aim is to use totally eco-friendly packaging and something that we have to consider is the durability of packaging and whether it is ‘fit for purpose’. With our Body Exfoliator, the glass jar, aluminium lid and label are all recyclable.
We’ve chosen to use aluminium lids, rather than plastic. The nature of this means the aluminium lid may scratch or dent easily but we feel this is a small price to pay in our quest to be as environmentally-friendly as possible.
The carton in which this is packaged is FSC certified and carries their logo - FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) improves how the world’s forests are managed.
The card inner and carton are recyclable, compostable and biodegradable.
Where we use tissue paper with your order, this is FSC acid free, recycled paper from sustainable sources. It is biodegradable and the dye is water-based.
This product is unisex, suitable for both men and women. The fragrance is light, not overpowering.
The skincare range has been dermatologically approved for sensitive skin. How does this work? Dermatologists get a group of people together and do a patch test on them to see how the products react on their skin. The Lucy Bee skincare was signed off for sensitive skin. The range is light and gentle and very effective at the same time.
Our skincare range contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and soothing properties.
It is also non-comedogenic which means it doesn’t block pores, so will not cause black heads or spots so can be used for the people with oilier skin types.
The skincare range is completely natural and contains coconut oil, which has been known to help people with eczema. It is also completely natural and free from synthetic preservatives, petroleum, silicones, alcohol, formaldehyde, PEGs, sulphates, SLS, artificial dyes, soy and gluten.
For mature skin/anti-aging:
The range is for hydration, radiance and glow. So, through the hydrating properties, it will help with aging skin. The face cream also contains natural hyaluronic acid hydrates which is known to firms and plump the skin.
The skincare range contains a lot of ingredients which are very nourishing and hydrating for the skin, so you should find the whole range very beneficial.
Lucy suffers from this on her cheeks mostly during winter. The skincare range will help with the dryness and irritation on the skin due to the inflammatory properties and it is also very soothing.
- Are your products tested on animals?
Absolutely not, our skincare range has been certified by Cruelty Free International which is why we have a little ‘Leaping Bunny’ logo on the front of all of our packaging
2. How long will the Body Exfoliator last?
Once opened, we recommend using our Body Exfoliator within 12 months.
3. Are your products vegan?
Yes, they are completely vegan and are certified by the Vegan Society. If you look at the label and/or carton, you’ll be able to see their logo on the front.
4. Do your products contain palm oil?
No, Lucy Bee are strongly against using palm oil and we have restricted it from being used in our entire range.
5. Are your products suitable for sensitive skin?
Yes, we have had the whole skincare range tested by dermatologists and they have approved that it is suitable to use on sensitive skin. However, everyone is different so if you are worried, we would recommend trying on a small patch of skin first.
6. How often should I use the Body Exfoliator?
We recommend using our Body Exfoliator two or three times a week.
7. Do you have a Toner in your skincare range?
We are still working on the correct formulation for a Toner, to add to our range. Rather than delay launching the skincare any longer than we already have, we decided to go ahead without a Toner but watch this space as we hope to follow with this soon.
8. Do you have samples of your skincare range that I can try?
Unfortunately, we don’t at the moment. We’re conscious of being as environmentally-friendly as possible and so far, all samples that we’ve looked at are in plastic sachets, which we don’t want to use, for obvious reasons.
We are looking at the possibility of using glass for samples but it’s early days at the moment. We understand the demand for wanting samples but as we’re trying to reduce waste and single-use products, as a company and in general, this is one that we are massively struggling with!
9. I’ve always used your coconut oil in my beauty regime. Why should I change to the skincare range?
From Lucy, “Great question! Our Coconut Oil is brilliant and is what I have always used because I wanted to use something natural. With our new skincare range, as well as being natural, this also has added benefits as it contains other ingredients which are incredible for the skin. The range has been formulated in a way to help improve the skin, covering areas such as its hydration, complexion and radiance."
10. Can I return this product?
For hygiene reasons, this item cannot be returned.
11. Can I use this product if pregnant?
Our manufacturer confirms this product in itself is safe to use during pregnancy but we always recommend confirming with your health practitioner as they can advise for your specific situation.
12. Is the skincare range suitable for someone with a nut allergy?
Some products contain almond oil so this is not suitable for those with a nut allergy.
Cocos Nucifera Oil*†, Maris Sal, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil*, Candelilla Cera, Cocos Nucifera Sucrose*†, Limonene, Citrus Paradisi Peel Oil*, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Powder*†, Citrus Nobilis Peel Oil*, Parfum*, Linalool, Citral, Eugenol
Of total ingredients: 67% organic
†Fair Trade certified
Our ingredients are derived from:
Coconut, Sea Salt, Sweet Almond, Candelilla, Coconut Sugar, Organic Essential Oils, Cinnamon
The fragrance is made up of the following, which are all organic essential oils:
- Grapefruit Oil
- Bergamot Oil
- Lemon Oil
- Mandarin Oil
- Orange Oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Cedarwood Oil
- Cypress Oil
- Patchouli Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Cornmint Oil
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Ginger Oil
- Clove Bud Oil
- Galbanum Oil
- Eucalyptus Lemon Oil