12 x 10ml Lip Scrub (Inc VAT £60)
A gentle exfoliator to buff and nourish lips.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Dermatologically approved
- Palm oil free
- Soil Association (COSMOS Organic)
- Fair Trade (FairTSA)
- Cruelty Free (Leaping Bunny)
- Vegan (Vegan Society)
Since we’re all different, we always recommend doing a small patch test to make sure any of our skincare range is suitable for you.
As well as being certified by some of the most respected certification bodies, the Lucy Bee skincare range is 100% natural and free from:
- Palm oil
- Synthetic preservatives
- Artificial dyes and fragrances
How to Use
Massage onto clean, dry skin. Repeat as often as required or as part of your daily skincare routine.
To make the most of this natural product, a little care is needed as follows:
- We use natural preservatives, so the products need to be kept clean and dry, once opened, to avoid contaminating them. Please make sure your hands, or if using a utensil, are clean and dry when removing the products – water in the jar is not their friend!
- Many natural beauty products use ingredients such as beeswax to keep them firm but because our range is vegan, you may find some of the products (eg. the Exfoliators, Lip Scrub and Balm) start to soften if carried around in your bag or pocket, so feel free to pop these in the fridge to harden again. Similarly, in warm temperatures/climates, we recommend storing this in either a fridge or an air-conditioned room to prevent it from softening/melting. This will not affect the formulation of the product.
- Coconut oil protects the lips
- Coconut sugar gently exfoliates
- Sweet almond oil conditions and softens the lips
Our aim is to use totally eco-friendly packaging and something that we have to consider is the durability of packaging and whether it is ‘fit for purpose’. With our Lip Scrub, the glass bottle, aluminium lid and label are all recyclable.
The carton in which this is packaged is FSC certified and carries their logo - FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) improves how the world’s forests are managed.
The card inner and carton are recyclable, compostable and biodegradable.
Where we use tissue paper with your order, this is FSC acid free, recycled paper from sustainable sources. It is biodegradable and the dye is water-based.
- Are your products tested on animals?
Absolutely not, our skincare range has been certified by Cruelty Free International which is why we have a little ‘Leaping Bunny’ logo on the front of all of our packaging
2. How long will the Lip Scrub last?
Once opened, we recommend using our Lip Scrub within 12 months.
3. Are your products vegan?
Yes, they are completely vegan and are certified by the Vegan Society. If you look at the label and/or carton, you’ll be able to see their logo on the front.
4. Do your products contain palm oil?
No, Lucy Bee are strongly against using palm oil and we have restricted it from being used in our entire range.
5. Are your products suitable for sensitive skin?
Yes, we have had the whole skincare range tested by dermatologists and they have approved that it is suitable to use on sensitive skin. However, everyone is different so if you are worried, we would recommend trying on a small patch of skin first.
6. How often should I use the Lip Scrub?
We recommend using our Lip Scrub two or three times a week.
7. Do you have a Toner in your skincare range?
We are still working on the correct formulation for a Toner, to add to our range. Rather than delay launching the skincare any longer than we already have, we decided to go ahead without a Toner but watch this space as we hope to follow with this soon.
8. Do you have samples of your skincare range that I can try?
Unfortunately, we don’t at the moment. We’re conscious of being as environmentally-friendly as possible and so far, all samples that we’ve looked at are in plastic sachets, which we don’t want to use, for obvious reasons.
We are looking at the possibility of using glass for samples but it’s early days at the moment.
9. I’ve always used your coconut oil in my beauty regime. Why should I change to the skincare range?
From Lucy, “Great question! Our Coconut Oil is brilliant and is what I have always used because I wanted to use something natural. With our new skincare range, as well as being natural, this also has added benefits as it contains other ingredients which are incredible for the skin. The range has been formulated in a way to help improve the skin, covering areas such as its hydration, complexion and radiance."
10. Can I return this product?
For hygiene reasons, this item cannot be returned.
11. Can I use this product if pregnant?
Our manufacturer confirms this product in itself is safe to use during pregnancy but we always recommend confirming with your health practitioner as they can advise for your specific situation.
12. Is the skincare range suitable for someone with a nut allergy?
Some products contain almond oil so this is not suitable for those with a nut allergy.
Cocos Nucifera Oil*†, Cocos Nucifera Sucrose*†, Sucrose*†, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil*, Candelilla Cera, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*
Of total ingredients: 95% organic
†Fair Trade certified
Our ingredients are derived from:
Coconut, Coconut Sugar, Sugar, Sweet Almond, Candelilla, Vanilla
The fragrance is made up of the following, which are all organic essential oils:
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract