Organic Fair Trade Coconut Water 1ltr (Inc VAT £3.75)
Our Organic Coconut Water is naturally refreshing and hydrating. It is not from concentrate and has no added sugar.
- It’s a good source of potassium which contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure; normal muscle function; and normal functioning of the nervous system
- Contains electrolytes
- Nut and peanut free
- Non GM
- Monkeys do not pick the coconuts used in our Coconut Water
Due to restrictions made to us by the courier, unfortunately we cannot ship this product outside mainland UK (including to Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey). If it is added to one of these orders, we will refund the product and email you to advise.
PLEASE NOTE: We’re not fans of plastic and avoid it where we can but the courier insists that we wrap this product in a bag for shipping, in case the product is accidently damaged during transit. This could affect not only other items in your order but also other parcels with the courier. Thank you for your understanding.
How to use
Our Coconut Water is great to:
- Drink as it comes – it’s like drinking it straight from the coconut!
- Use as a staple in your smoothies
- Rehydrate after the gym
- Use to make ice lollies*
- Use in chia pudding and overnight oats
*Whilst you can freeze Coconut Water in this way, we do not recommend freezing it in the carton because the nature of it means it will expand and bulge in the carton.
What do I Taste Like?
As you’d imagine, our Coconut Water has a subtle coconut flavour and is refreshing and hydrating.
Where am I From?
Like our other coconut products, our Coconut Water is from the Philippines. The palms grow in an agroforestry environment which supports nature, and organic farming methods are observed.
Why Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is at the foundation of all that we do at Lucy Bee, to help make a difference to the lives of those who grow, harvest and produce our products.
The Fair Trade premiums from our Coconut Water ensure:
- No exploitation of workers
- Funds to support education
- Funds for a feeding progamme for undernourished children
- Projects such as coconut planting initiatives
- Monkeys do not pick the coconuts used in this water
Our Coconut Water is packed in a Tetra prisma carton which is recyclable. During recycling the carton is mixed with water and shred in a large blender to separate the materials (pulp, polymers and aluminium)
- The paper pulp is dried and pressed into high quality fibre which is used for cartons, boxes, paper bags etc
- Polymers/shredded plastic is melted, then cooled into pellets to be reused, such as used for wheelie bins
- Polymers and aluminium are combined and pressed into lumbers which is used for garden furniture, desks, chairs etc.
Click here for details.
The cartons are packed in recyclable card SRPs.
Are Tetra Paks biodegradable?
Tetra advise, “On average, Tetra Pak packages are made of 75% paper board and 21% polymers and 4% aluminium. Each material has its own function and purpose to protect the liquid food inside.
“Tetra Pak packages, which are primarily made of paper board which comes from a renewable resource, is biodegradable. However, other materials in Tetra Pak packages are not biodegradable, due to food protection and recycling reasons.”
So, the paper board element is biodegradable, whereas the remaining materials are not biodegradable, only recyclable as per the above.
- How long will coconut water keep in a fridge?
Unopened, our Coconut Water will keep until the Best Before Date. Once opened, store in the fridge and use within 2 days. Our Coconut Water is best served chilled.
- What does coconut water taste like?
Our Coconut Water has a refreshing and subtle coconut taste.
- Can coconut water be frozen?
You can freeze Coconut Water when using it in a recipe but it’s not suitable for freezing in the carton. The nature of it means that it will expand in the carton.
- Is your Coconut Water made from concentrate?
No, our Coconut Water isn’t made from concentrate, nor does it contain concentrate.
- Does this Coconut Water contain any preservatives, sweeteners or flavouring?
No, Lucy Bee Coconut Water has no preservatives, sweeteners or flavouring. It contains naturally occurring sugars (2.5g per 100ml)
- Why do you use a Tetra Pak for your Coconut Water?
Tetra Paks are the best packaging for coconut water. They are hermetically sealed (makes them airtight) and means the coconut water does not need to be refrigerated until opened. Coconut water is susceptible to light and Tetra Paks exclude light.
- How many coconuts are in each 1 litre carton of your Coconut Water?
Each 1 litre carton is made from approximately 4 coconuts.
- Is your Coconut Water from young or mature coconuts?
Our Coconut Water is from mature coconuts. The water from the fully ripened coconut is loaded with more electrolytes and less fructose, than young coconuts
Harvesting coconuts prematurely is not a sustainable model - it is a waste because the white coconut meat is not developed and can’t be used.
The coconuts used for Lucy Bee Coconut Water are Malayan Tall coconuts.
9. What is coconut water?
Coconut water is the liquid inside a coconut. Just like our coconut oil, different varieties of coconut, and where they are grown can affect the flavour of the water.
- Is coconut water fattening?
This is a slightly loaded question as this depends on your overall food and drink intake. Per 100ml our Coconut Water has 14 calories and <0.1g of fat. As part of a healthy balanced diet our Coconut Water is perfectly suitable.
- How much coconut water should I drink?
There isn’t a minimum or maximum to how much you should have, when you want some, enjoy it and have it! It should be enjoyed as part of a healthy balanced diet, and depends on your food and drink intake, and physical activity levels.
- What are the health benefits of coconut water?
It is a source of potassium with 100ml providing you with 199.6mg of potassium. Potassium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure, normal muscle function, and to normal functioning of the nervous system. It’s a great way to rehydrate, even before or after working out, or when you may be feeling a bit fragile after a night out.
- How many calories are in coconut water?
Lucy Bee Organic Coconut Water has 14 calories per 100ml.
- Is coconut water good for your skin?
Staying hydrated is really important for healthy skin, so it is important that we drink enough fluids. In the UK it is roughly recommended that we drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. With warmer weather, or with physical activity, you may need to increase this amount. Coconut water is also a great way to rehydrate, alongside drinking water.
- What’s the difference between coconut water and coconut juice?
Coconut water and coconut juice are the same thing, juice is a less-commonly used name. When choosing a coconut water, it’s important to check whether they add any sugars or sweeteners.
- Does coconut water help with hydration?
Coconut water will help you rehydrate you when you need it as it contains potassium, and naturally occurring sugars.
- Is coconut water vegan?
Lucy Bee Coconut Water is certified Vegan by the Vegan Society.
- Is coconut water good for dogs?
We would recommend talking to your vet before giving your dog coconut water. There are mixed opinions on whether you should give it to your dog, so guidance from a vet is recommended. As mentioned above coconut water is a source of potassium.
- Is coconut water good before or after a workout?
Coconut water works perfectly both before or after a workout, when you need to rehydrate and replenish! You want to be hydrated before exercising, but you should refuel with fluids as soon as possible after exercising to replace any fluids lost.
100% Organic Coconut Water
Typical values per 100ml
Energy kj 59
of which saturates 0g
of which sugars 2.5g
Contains naturally occurring sugars