Preparation Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Serves: 3 - 4
Allergy Information: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free, Lactose Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free
- FOR THE CARAMALISED ONIONS:
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- FOR THE HUMMUS:
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Starseed Omega Oil (plus extra to drizzle)
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- Caramelised onions as above
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Splash of water, as needed to achieve desired consistency
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes, optional, to serve
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut, melted, optional for added creaminess
- First make the caramelised onions:
- In a frying pan on a low heat, add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to melt, before adding the onions. As the onions begin to soften and naturally caramelise slightly, add the Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and stir to melt the sugar and coat the onions. Cook on a very low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir the onions until all the vinegar has been cooked in. The onions should have a golden colour, but when tried should still have a little bite.
- FOR THE HUMMUS:
- Add all of the ingredients, (including the caramelised onions) to a blender and blend to the desired consistency. Adjust the seasoning to suit your taste and add extra water, if needed.
- To serve, transfer to a bowl and drizzle Lucy Bee Starseed Omega Oil over. Sprinkle chilli flakes over, if using. This is great with carrot sticks, a salad, in a jacket potato, or spread into sandwiches/wraps.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.